12 Great High Protein Snacks To Satisfy Your Diet
Exercise is just as important to your weight loss goal. Eating foods that are rich in protein and low in fat is one of the best ways to boost your energy and make you feel great. Just pack a few of these great high protein foods to enjoy throughout the day.
1. Almonds – nuts are rich sources of protein, but almonds are particularly good when you are dieting. Almonds are filling, high in protein and rich in healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. Putting the cookie jar away and replacing it with a bowl of healthy almonds is a great way to avoid temptation and lose more weight.
2. Cottage cheese – cottage cheese is one of the healthiest dairy product you can eat when you are on a diet. Mix your favorite fruits with a bowl of cottage cheese and enjoy a healthy snack at home or at work.
3. Pumpkin seeds – pumpkin seeds are very rich in protein, making them a great pick me up at the office or at home. You can roast your own pumpkin seeds at home or buy ready-made versions at your favorite grocery store or organic market.
4. Trail mix – trail mix is not just for hikers anymore. These delicious mixtures of nuts, dried fruit and seeds are perfect snacks for any time of day. Trail mix is particularly good as a post-workout snack. It is easy to transport and easy to snack on as you chat with your friends at the gym.
5. Organic peanut butter – you probably already know that peanut butter is rich in protein, but you may not realize how versatile this simple food can be. You can enjoy peanut butter on whole wheat crackers, slathered on celery or even mixed into your favorite post-workout shake or smoothie.
6. Hard boiled eggs – you do not have to avoid eggs when you are dieting. In fact, eggs should be a regular part of your diet. Hard boiled eggs are particularly well suited for snacking. They are easy to prepare and easy to take with you wherever you go.
7. Oatmeal – a bowl of oatmeal is a great snack at the office and very easy to prepare. You can also enjoy a low-fat oatmeal muffin or even an oatmeal raisin cookie or two for a sweet treat.
8. Hummus – hummus is a rich source of protein and delicious to boot. Enjoy hummus on a pita, or with your favorite flatbread or whole wheat bread. Keep a jar of hummus at your office and enjoy a delicious healthy snack any time the mood strikes.
9. Tofu – enjoying a meatless meal once or twice a week is a great way to lose weight and lower your fat intake. Tofu is a great meat substitute for all your favorite dishes, so feel free to experiment and enjoy great vegetarian meals any time.
10. Chocolate milk – quality dairy products should be part of your regular diet, and chocolate milk makes a great snack at home or at work. You can buy your favorite brand of chocolate milk at the store or choose a healthy dark chocolate cocoa powder and make your own.
11. Homemade yogurt and berry parfait – yogurt makes a wonderful snack, and many office workers already enjoy it. Give your favorite office snack a new twist with a homemade yogurt and berry parfait. Just pick up some plain or vanilla yogurt, layer in your favorite fresh berries and enjoy.
12. Black bean mini tacos – black beans are inexpensive to buy, easy to prepare and rich in protein. Perk up your workday with black bean mini tacos. Mini tacos are great snacks, and you can make enough to share with your coworkers.